Thursday, October 28, 2010

How was I … Part – VIII

In the month of April or May, 2005 when I was sitting with Gaur Saheb, he casually mentioned to me about one young Paramhamsa Nithyananda (hereafter referred to as Swamiji) having his Ashram in Bidadi, a place near Bangalore, adding that he had attended one of his two day meditation programmes and to him he appears to be an enlightened master. He also told me about another advanced sadhaka, Shri Raj Supe living in Bangalore. One of my friends (Krishna Sahay) had earlier told me about another Guru who also lived in Bangalore and was an upasak (worshipper) of Devi – he could see the past and future of a person and offered solutions to the problems.

At that time there was no talk of me getting a transfer to Bangalore though in my annual transfer proforma I had requested for transfer to that place as my younger daughter (Shruti Singh) was offered a job by Accenture in Bangalore.

It was a pleasant surprise for us that the day my daughter joined in Bangalore (1st June) when we were returning to Mumbai from Lucknow after marriage of elder daughter, on the way we got the news of my transfer to Bangalore. It was a surprise as I did not expect it in the least for the reason that I had not spoken to anyone for my transfer and in normal course it is difficult to get a posting in Bangalore as this is a sought after place in our department.

What happened next was even more surprising! It was my first day in office and a Chartered Accountant appeared before me. When his matter was over, looking at my short beard and attire (white Dhoti and Kurta), he asked if I were interested in spiritual things. When I said yes, he told me that one of his clients is having an Ashram in Bidadi, 35 Kms from Bangalore. I asked him if he was Paramhamsa Nithyananda. He said, yes! Two days later, he brought two books by Swamiji. Looking at the photograph and reading a few lines from the back flap of the book, I felt sensations running throughout my body.

Now this sequence of events cannot be a coincidence – reference by Gaur Saheb about a month back, transfer to Bangalore, first CA appearing before me being a representative of Swamiji and his photograph creating sensation in my body. And next, though not consciously planned that way, we (my family, family of my son-in-law and family of one of my close friends and co-travellor, Shri Satish Kumar) had opportunity to meet him in person on the most aupicious Guru Poornima day and I had the privilege of being the first man to touch his feet that day. The conclusion that he is my Guru and that he is going to help me in my spiritual endeavor in a big way was unmistakable.

That day when we were in the Ashram, we had long chat with Swami Sadanandji, Secretary to Swamiji. He told me how he had been with Osho and Sadguru Jaggi Vasudeva for decades and how after having suffered with terminal liver cancer, he came in contact with Nithyanandaji and not only he got cured through his healing but made quick advances spiritually. He also told me that little joy and energy which we feel through strenuous pranayam given by Sadguru Jaggi Vasudeva, is no where near what we effortlessly get in a short time after being initiated by Swamiji into “Anand Gandha Meditation”.

Before that in the month of March, we were witnessing a cricket match of our team and a player hit a six. It was heading towards my face. Reflexively my palm came in between and had a huge impact. Because of that I could not do my yogasanas and pranayam for a couple of months.

During this period I also read in one of Osho’s books that yogasanas and pranayam do not help in spiritual advancement. Mungale Sir also told me one day that pranayam is not something which requires to be done, it happens on its own in sadhana.

From every quarter, message was clear, the role of pranayam in my sadhana was over – it had fulfilled its purpose.

At that time Gaur Saheb informed me that he will be coming to the Swamiji's Ashram for an advanced course starting from 3rd August. I found it to be a good opportunity to be with Gaur Saheb for about 6 days – I liked his company immensely. To become eligible for the advanced course, I did the first course (ASP – Anada Sphurana Programme) immediately and enrolled myself for the advanced course.

Events were just unfolding. Gaur Saheb could not make to the course and I did NSP (Nithya Sphurana Programme) and got initiated into Healing as well. His role, perhaps, was just to prompt me to forge ahead!

In ASP they teach the participants functions of each of the seven chakras (energy centres) – what problems (fear, anger, inferiority complex, fantasy etc.) arise if they are low on energy – and give a method of meditation for energizing each one of them. Though most of these methods were shortened versions of methods taken from Tantra Sutra and other ancient traditions by Osho, new thing was that here they told us about the relation between problems, chakras and methods. And this is an attracting feature for an enquiring mind. We were advised to do each of these meditations for three weeks, one after another. Thereafter one may mainly follow method given for energizing Anahat Chakra named as "Mahamantra". It basically involves humming. From my experience with Osho’s methods, I knew that the methods really work.

The ASP was organized in Bangalore by one Shri Madhavan (a small businessman) and advanced disciple of Swamiji – a wonderful man. One could see the happiness and devotion on his face and conduct. And this was infectious.

NSP, a four day programme, was conducted by Swamiji himself. There he took us through seven koshas of the body, namely, Annamay kosha (physical body), Pranamay Kosh (pranik body), Manomay Kosh (mental body) … and Anandmay Kosh (bliss body) using different methods of meditation. It was really intense and wonderful - a life time experience.

Participants could enroll for Healing initiation which was scheduled for next two days. I was not interested in receiving Healing initiation primarily because from the very beginning of my spiritual quest, I was of the view that a seeker should not to work for getting any powers or sidhhies. But then Madhavanji persuaded me to take initiation saying that even if one is not interested in healing others, “Anand Gandha Initiation” given in this course takes one effortlessly to deeper states of meditation and thus immensely helps in one's spiritual evolution.

I got enrolled for the course and got initiated into healing (it was an elaborate Tantric process). The participants were also given a vow to give up drinks and non-vegetarian food. For me it was easy as I had already given up drinks and was not fond of non-vegetarian food either.

The participants were also given spiritual names. The name given to me is “Anand Dharmatman”. I found the name ‘Dharmatman’ to be heavy for me especially when I have no serious regard for the rules of ethics and morality. On my query on the issue, Swamiji remarked “It is not a duty cast, it is my blessing that whatever you do will define Dharma!” I was obviously happy!

To keep the process alive, one was required to do Anand Gandha and Shakti Dharana meditations everyday.

A week or so after the initiation, there was a get together of Healers in Madhavan’s place. Sadanandji was also there. While getting initiated, I did not feel what was expected to be felt by the participants. In Anand Gandha meditation, which I was doing later at home, also I did not have expected kind of experience. I thought that I have failed to get initiated. I shared my feelings with Sadanandji and after holding my fingers for a while he told me that energy was flowing, I stand initiated (some people may not undergo specific experiences) and that I should take to healing.

Just then – perhaps to convince me of the initiation – my wife rang up to say that our daughter is having fever. I told her to give her a homeopathic medicine. On reaching my house, I tried healing my daughter. We were pleasantly surprised to find that very next morning there was no fever and she went to her office. After that a few persons were healed of serious and chronic ailments through me (actual healer is the cosmic energy coming through Swamiji – healers are only his extended hands) and my wife did not have to go to a doctor in last 5 years – healing through me took care of her minor problems.

I may, however, add that it does not work in every case. They say that the illnesses caused by serious karmic offences cannot be cured and that it is to be used as a support to regular treatment and not as a substitute.

Another aspect of this healing is that in this, the healer has only to get connected to Ananda Gandha Chakra remembering Swamiji’s face and put his palm on the specified chakra or problem spot. No shapes or symbols are used and the Healer is not to wish anything. This way the healer does not get karmas of the patient transferred to him unlike Rekey or Pranik Healing.

Hereafter I switched over to the way shown by Swamiji. I also continued visiting other masters and my reverence for them was going up with each passing day.

This was opening of a new chapter in my spiritual journey.

To be contd. …

1 comment:

  1. It happened that we (myself, my wife and daughter and one of our family friends', who actually informed about this place) got to visit yesterday a Datta Temple at Pashan, Pune. It is really a serene place and a nice shrine of Shree Gurudev Datta. I rever Shree Swami Samarth as the highest supreme in this world so visiting this place was a very fulfilling incidence for yesterday. This temple has been constructed by Shree Mungale. I do not know much about him so reached your blog after Googling for Gurunath Mungale. I shall be very grateful and thankful if you could tell me the contact details for Shree Mungale ji (maybe phone number or the place where he could be visited). Thanks very much in advance. I am Shreepad S M Gandhi from Pune. My mobile number is 9881441229. You may communicate with me in Marathi, Hindi, Gujarathi or English. Pranaam.

    ReplyDelete