Saturday, July 26, 2014

Immerge in HIS remembrance and dissolve Satvic Ahankaar

In my last post I had mentioned that Swami Satyamitranandji was to come to Shimla for opening of one of his temples on 6th June. On being prompted about it by my wife (even though she was out of Chandigarh at that time), I got in touch with Swamiji. I got to know that he was to stay on seventh evening in the house of one of the devotees of his disciple (Swami Awadheshnandji).  

Immediately on reaching the house of the devotee that evening, I was ushered into the room where he was staying.  I was offered a chair near him. After Charan Sparsh, I sat in the chair.  

It was a great day for me.  I had the fortune of being alone with Swamiji for about 50 minutes.  By that time, it was time for dinner and when food was offered to God (a photograph of a deity – Rama or Krishna), Swamiji asked me to have prasad with him.  I grabbed the offer and was with him for another 30 minutes on the dining table.  After dinner, he partook small portion of a Pan and offered the rest to me which I gratefully took as a part of his blessings.

Being with him that day, I could have further glimpses of his greatness.  He, like a lover, shared his insights into mechanics of his own mind which are invaluable lessons for me and many a sadhakas.  

He first started by telling me about his recent visit to Ahmedabad in connection with setting up of a facility of dialysis for kidney patients.  Some money was to be raised for the facilities.  Guruji announced donation of Rs. One lakh and was expecting announcement by business persons.  In lighter vein he told me that God tells him about black money kept by others and if he makes use of that information, he can earn reward of crores of rupees every month.  Soon, when that thought crossed his mind, one such businessman announced donation of Rs.  50 lakhs.  

While he was in Ahmedabad, Shri Narendra Modi won the elections with vast majority.  Modiji is in contact with Swamiji for last about 30 years and Swamiji was invited to his oath taking ceremonies as PM as also as Chief Minister earlier.

While in Ahmedabad, Swamiji also met mother of Modiji and felt as if she were an avtar of Sabri.  Lives in such a simple manner.  She told Swamiji that she always told her sons not to use any ill gotten money.  When after winning elections her son came to take her blessings, she gave him hundred rupees.  Swamiji took her blessings and she gave him one thousand rupees. Swamiji asked her that when she had given only one hundred rupees to her son, why has she given one thousand rupees to him?  She responded by saying that at that time she had only one hundred rupees and she gave all of that to him.  But while leaving, her son gave her five thousand rupees saying that after becoming PM he will get much higher salary.  It is out of that that she has given him one thousand rupees.

After sharing about a few more of his interactions with Shri Narendra Modiji, he switched over to spiritual matters.  

On being asked, I told him about the practices I am following.  While appreciating my endeavours, he said when a sadhaka slowly gets over external attractions, satvic ahankaar still remains.  Giving an illustration, he said that when during the course of his pravachans, there is repeated clapping from the devotees, he feels very nice and there is a tingling sensation (gudgudi) in his chest.  

Every sadhaka will continue to have it.  For example, when I draft a letter or report and feel that it is excellent, I feel so joyous and have urge to share it with others.

He went on to tell that there is no way one can get over this satvic ahankaar on one’s own.  One has to pray to HIM alone to take this away.  Then he shared that he tries to loudly sing bhajans and chant his name while alone in his room and that he is waiting for the day when he will be fully immerged in HIS remembrance.

That is the way – getting lovingly immerged in HIS remembrance all the time!


1 comment: